tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <nealcab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RewriteRules and Standalone Tomcat
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:50:46 GMT
What exaclty is a RewriteRule and how is it used with Standalone Tomcat? Do
I define my RewriteRules somewhere in server.xml or web.xml?

A couple of months ago, Noel told me how I could get Tomcat to show the
content of the default welcome page without redirecting (http 302) to the
file, using a RewriteRule.  I took notes from that email and set it aside
only to realize when I returned ... that I have no idea what to do with this
info!  And of course no info is available (that I could find) online or in
the Tomcat manual explaining this.  :(

Could someone please explain how this RewriteRule would be integrated into
Tomcat:

  RewriteRule  ^/$  /index.html   [L]

Thanks!
Neal