tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <>
Subject RE: Mod_JK - JkMount Invalid Command
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:35:44 GMT

Your tutorial ROCKS!

It turns out there were 4 distinct problems which I was able to identify in
part by using the Apache.exe and in part by comparing your steps to the
collage I had compiled from other incomplete sources.

My primary problem was that mod_jk.dll was not being recognized so I
replaced it with the build you were using
(mod_jk-2.0.43.dll) and from there is was pretty much home free!

Now on to doing the same on the Linux server (I hope its reasonably
similar).  :)

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John []
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 11:22 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Mod_JK - JkMount Invalid Command

Uncomment those two lines.

Then, open up a command window and call Apache like this:

This will check the syntax of Apache's httpd.conf without starting Apache.
Fix the errors, then call it with "-t" again until you see "Syntax OK".

The whole process is described in my HOWTO:

While the version I use in my HOWTO is 4.1.18, the configuration steps are
identical, just substitute "4.0.4" wherever you see "4.1.18".