tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <nealcab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:43:45 GMT
Is it known to be buggy on Linux or just Windows?  It sounds like its fine
and even preferred according to some docs when using Linux/Apache 1.3.
Also, I discussed load balancing and it sounds like we're using hardware
load balancer so each instance of Apache will have a 1:1 map to its own
Tomcat instance.

In this case, is using WARP for production purposes a bad idea?

Thanks.
Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: Lajos Moczar [mailto:lmocz@galatea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 8:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

One more point is that webapp is just plain buggy, while tried-and-true
mod_jk is quite reliable. If you are hosting anything
production-quality, I'd go with mod_jk every time.

Lajos

(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/archives/v4.0.1/bin/win
> 32/).  It even came with the libapr.dll - the library file compile as a
> windows DLL.  Perhaps its just not compatible with Apache 2?

galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support