tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <nealcab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:38:55 GMT
This is totally screwey!

Does WARP work on Windows or not?!?!

On one hand I've read a tutorial wherein the user claims to have setup warp
using windos, but on the other I just read the website for webApp module
(http://jakarta.apache.org/~jfclere/webapp_docs/index.html) and it states
that it is currently not supported on Windows.

And this is aside from finding an answer to the question of where this works
with Apache 2.0 or not!

Anyone out there using WARP or is everyone using mod_JK?

Thanks.
Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: neal [mailto:nealcabage@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 2:47 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Actually,

I found the mod_webApp module for Apache<->Tomcat warp connection. But
Apache won't restart now!  Grrr.

Per the instructions I tooks the webApp.so and the dll and put the in the
modules dir (I'm on windows) and added the necesary lines to the config.
BUT, in the doc that came with the mod_webApp there is a note that

"It was reported that sometimes Apache under windows doesn't like the
AddModule line in the config file.  Please, ofg you can't start  your Apache
service try commenting that line in your httpd.conf file".

Well, I did that but all that does is avoid the issue.  Any clue what the
problem is?  A hunch is telling me to run regsvr32 on the dll.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks.
Neal