tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <nealcab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Mod_JK.c not compatiable with version of Apache
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:49:39 GMT
Does anyone know why I would get this error when installing mod_JK 2.0.43 on
Linux 8, with Tomcat 4.1 and Apache 2.0:

"mod_jk.c not compatible with this version of Apache".

I presume that when it refers to the "mod_jk.c" it is referring to the
cmopuled code it derives from the LoadModule command to load the so (?).

I downloaded the mod_jk-2.0.43.so from the Apache connectors archives.  I
just used the same version (but as a DLL) successfully on my windows
workstation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: neal [mailto:nealcabage@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 1:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Mod_JK - JkMount Invalid Command

John,

Your tutorial ROCKS!

It turns out there were 4 distinct problems which I was able to identify in
part by using the Apache.exe and in part by comparing your steps to the
collage I had compiled from other incomplete sources.

My primary problem was that mod_jk.dll was not being recognized so I
replaced it with the build you were using
(mod_jk-2.0.43.dll) and from there is was pretty much home free!

Now on to doing the same on the Linux server (I hope its reasonably
similar).  :)

Thanks again.
Neal