tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Collins, Jim" <jim.coll...@uk.nomura.com>
Subject RE: How do you change the port Tomcat listens to
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:43:33 GMT
Hi Adam,

Thanks for replying. I don't think it is Log4J. I was getting the exception
when I was using the JDK1.4 Logger:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:530)
         at
<snip>

I then tried Log4J and had the same problem. In both cases I looked at the
code and know that JDK14Logger and Log4JCategoryLog both implement Log. The
exception does not happen all the time, Tomcat had been running for a number
of weeks with no problems when the exception started being thrown and I had
to repeatedly restart Tomcat. It has now been running OK since Friday but I
am very worried as to what caused it to happen and what I can do to prevent
it. Up untill this point I have had no problems at all with Tomcat.

Regards

Jim.