tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Keyes" <david.ke...@flashline.com>
Subject RE: Resources for a Context
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:53:22 GMT
So what mechanism would you suggest for making MORE than one Resources directory available
for a Context?  I understand that this may not be supported currently within Tomcat, but it
would be REALLY useful to be able to do it for development purposes.  If you're interested
in my reasoning, please see an earlier message that I posted today with the subject "Anybody
VIRTUAL CONTEXT".

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Resources for a Context

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, David Keyes wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:27:24 -0500
> From: David Keyes <david.keyes@flashline.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Resources for a Context
>
> I am confused about what exactly <Resource> entries are supposed to accomplish
in Tomcat.  I have the following entry in my server.xml file for Tomcat 4.0.6:

> <Context path="/myapp" docBase="C:/test/">
>   <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" docBase="c:/dev/proj1/web"
/>
>   <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" docBase="c:/dev/proj2/web"
/>
> </Context>

In general, you should never mess with the <Resources> element at all --
Tomcat's defaults will work fine unless you have to do something really
crazy.  And, of course, even if you *are* that crazy :-), having two of
these is going to fail miserably anyway, since there's only one
"resources" property on a Context.

Craig