tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE" <David.Durh...@scott.af.mil>
Subject manager app permissions issue
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:00:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to use the manager app but recieve the following error:

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet
is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

Did some looking around and the only thing I can come up with is changing the catalina.policy
file.  So I added:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/manager/-" {
	permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

to catalina.policy, but that did not fix it.

Has anyone seen this before and no what the problem is?

Thanks,

David Durham