tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lorenti, John" <JLORE...@dcjs.state.va.us>
Subject RE: Quick help with Bindings
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:40:52 GMT
Unfortunately, David, I don't believe that each IP gets its own set of
ports.  Instead, the ports belong to the machine itself.  If you want to
keep IIS and Tomcat independent on the same machine, then you can assign a
different port to Tomcat (but you probably already know that).  I fear that
your only other alternative may be to run Tomcat on a different machine
(which I doubt you want to do at this point.)  Maybe someone more
knowledgeable can give you a better solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Morrow [mailto:David.Morrow@autodata.net]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:43 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Quick help with Bindings

Thanks.  I have already read those 2 documents.  Unfortunately, I am unable
to use the ISAPI_REDIRECT filter, it seems to not like my configuration.
Besides, I would like Tomcat and IIS to remain independent from one another.
I am hoping to simply get Tomcat to listen on port 80 on one IP address and
IIS to listen on port 80 on another IP address.

David Morrow
Network Administrator
Autodata Solutions Company
Ph: (519) 951-6067 Fax: (519) 451-6615
mailto: David.Morrow@autodata.net

This message has originated from Autodata Solutions.  The attached material
is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata Solutions. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please delete this message and notify the
Autodata system administrator at  Administrator@autodata.net