tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lorenti, John" <JLORE...@dcjs.state.va.us>
Subject RE: Quick help with Bindings
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:31:58 GMT
Hello,
If you want Tomcat to be able to share port 80 with IIS, you'll want to
check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/iishowto.html.  I
also found
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html to be
helpful as well.

Regards.
-John

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Morrow [mailto:David.Morrow@autodata.net]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:24 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Quick help with Bindings

Hi,

I am a newbie to Tomcat and attempting to solve what is likely a very simple
problem.

I have an "out of the box" install of Tomcat 4.1.18, I want to change Tomcat
such that it binds only to one of my IP addresses instead of all of them.
After reading the documentation, I changed my connector in SERVER.XML to
look as:

               port="80"
               address="172.17.132.103"
               minProcessors="5"
               maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
               redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10"
               debug="0"
               connectionTimeout="60000"/>

Unfortunately, this does not seem to isolate Tomcat to a single NIC/IP
address and I cannot for the life of me figure out why?  Other servers on
the same physical box (running IIS) will not start because tomcat binds to
port 80 on all IP's

Anyone with expertise in this ?  I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

David Morrow
Network Administrator
Autodata Solutions Company
Ph: (519) 951-6067 Fax: (519) 451-6615
mailto: David.Morrow@autodata.net

This message has originated from Autodata Solutions.  The attached material
is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata Solutions. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please delete this message and notify the
Autodata system administrator at  Administrator@autodata.net