tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lorenti, John" <JLORE...@dcjs.state.va.us>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:52:36 GMT

From: Tim Moore [mailto:tmoore@blackboard.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 4:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter

Oh here's a thought I just had...is there a class trying to reference
javax.servlet.Filter that was already explicitly on the classpath?  The
stuff in common/lib is higher up in the classloader hierarchy than the
stuff on the base classpath is, so that might explain it.

Hopefully that made sense...
Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863