tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: What about the Context tag?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:58:42 GMT
Howdy,
As always, there's no right or wrong.  There are multiple options
depending on what you're trying to do.

Unless you want some non-default context property that must be put in
server.xml, don't touch server.xml.  I like the KISS (Keep It Simple..)
principle, so this usually works for me.  That means you don't need an
explicit <context> tag for your webapp in server.xml.

For more details, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html

If you do need non-default things for your context, such as JNDI
reference declarations, then you'll need a <context> tag in server.xml
most likely.

BTW: be careful trusting these books, as they tend to be out of date ;(

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics