tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading to new version of Tomcat
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:12:56 GMT
Howdy,

>Thanks Yoav. My problem is that I want to minimize the downtime in the
>production system. I can try it in our test server and come up with the
>fastest way to do it. There are many dependencies to start fresh,
>including conf files, IIS redirector, etc.

Do everything on your production system with a different port number.
Test everything.  When you're sure it's ready, bring down the old
server, change the port numbers of the new server to the real port
numbers, and start the new server.  That'll give you minimal downtime.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics