tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:05:41 GMT
Howdy,

>> I want to load the *.classes from a network drive (for night backup
>> purposes) not my local drive.
>> (I've changed the class path in the catalina.bat, but I don't
>> like this)

I wouldn't like it either if I were you ;)

Besides posing a security risk (e.g. someone remapping the network drive
maliciously to other .class files), what do you gain from this?  Have
you considered packaging your app into a .war file and deploying that to
the server, instead of messing with symlinks, shortcuts, and mangled
classpaths that lead to a non-portable webapp?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics