tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Parse error in application web.xml
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:36:53 GMT
Hi,

>Instead of depending on the invoker servlet, I have added our servlets

Good.

>2003-01-17 13:07:51 ContextConfig[/esd] Parse error in application
web.xml
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app"
must
>match
>"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-
>param*,filter*,fil
>ter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-
>mappin
>g*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-
>ref*,se
>curity-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb
-
>loca
>l-ref*)".
>
>I have validated the web.xml file using IE.  No errors are apparent.
The

You may have viewed the file using IE, not validated it ;) ;)

IE would not check against the scheme.  The error reported suggests you
have elements in the wrong order.  It tells you what the right order is.
For example, <welcome-file-list> cannot come before <servlet>.

Reorganize your web.xml file according to the spec, i.e. in the order
shown above, and the error will go away.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics