tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kemp Randy-W18971 <Randy.L.K...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: Jk2 application questions
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:52:54 GMT

Let me first try some things (as I like to experiment).  If I don't get
anywhere in the next 2 weeks, I will post the desired files.  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Riley [mailto:rileyrb@shands.ufl.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 3:34 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jk2 application questions

I would first turn off the stand alone service so you don't muddy up your
debug of your apache-TC communication.

Can you post your workers2.properties so we can see if you have the correct
[uri] mappings? Might as well post your server.xml and jk2.properties also.

>>> lmocz@galatea.com 01/15/03 11:17AM >>>
Randy -

Without seeing the pertinent snippets from httpd.conf and server.xml, I
can only guess. One thing is that the auto-generated mod_jk.conf will
not work if you define your own <VirtualHost> blocks in httpd.conf. You
probably need to manually put all the Jk directives in httpd.conf,
taking care to put the right JkMount directives inside the appropriate
<VirtualHost> block(s). You may also want to change the name of your
<Host> tag in server.xml to match the expected virtual host..

Regards,

Lajos

Kemp Randy-W18971 wrote:
> OK.  I have the 2x and 4x versions of Apache and Tomcat, along with the
> mod_jk2 connector, set up on Solaris and Windows 2000.  Here is what I am
> having problems with.
> 1.  Context path.  If I set up an application context path for pdlens in
> Tomcat, I can go http://localhost:8080/examples and
> http:/localhost:8080/pdlens.  Now I can also get http://localhost/examples

> but not http://localhost/pdlens.  What could be missing?
> 2. Virtual hosts.  If I have a virtual host called www.test.com, I can get
> www.test.com from Apache, but not www.test.com/pdlens talking to Tomcat.
> What could be missing here?
> In both cases, it can't find the desired websites.
>
> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support