tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schnitzer, Jeff" <JSchnit...@maxis.com>
Subject Uneven load balancing
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:21:52 GMT
We're seeing very uneven loadbalancing in our cluster of four tomcat
instances; it looks like #1 gets about 75% of the traffic.  Does anyone
have any idea why this might be happening?

Our environment:

2 Apache 1.3.27 instances running mod_jk (all worker lbfactors set to
100)
4 JBoss-3.0.3_Tomcat-4.1.12 instances using Ajp13Connector
All on RH Linux
Some sort of hardware loadbalancer in front of the Apache boxes

This happens in both our production environment and our test environment
(identical except for one less tomcat instance).  It's very strange.

Thanks,
Jeff Schnitzer
jschnitzer@maxis.com
The Sims Online