tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tammer Salem" <salem...@hotmail.com>
Subject Unsure how to set environment variables for win xp
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:52:05 GMT
Hi,
I'm having problems compiling my servlets. I know this is probably out of the domain of tomcat
setup, but I decided to ask anyway.
I have a servlet called (test.java) in a directory (D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\webapps\test\WEB-INF\classes).
My javac.exe is in (D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin). I can't get the servlet file to compile. I think
my CLASSPATH and Path environment variables are messed up, because I keep on getting the following
exceptions:

=================================
HelloWorld.java:2: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
HelloWorld.java:3: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^
HelloWorld.java:11: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServlet
location: class HelloWorld
public class HelloWorld extends HttpServlet
                                ^
HelloWorld.java:13: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class HelloWorld
        public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
ServletException, IOException

                          ^
HelloWorld.java:13: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
location: class HelloWorld
        public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
ServletException, IOException

                                                      ^
HelloWorld.java:13: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServletException
location: class HelloWorld
        public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
ServletException, IOException

 ^
6 errors

Can anyone please help me?