tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tref Gare" <Tr...@areeba.com.au>
Subject RE: REBOOT MACHINE
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:06:26 GMT
Sorry Matthias,

I was looking for a little more infor than that even.. like what the
error message actually was for example. ;-).

In the meantime (and hopefully you've already resolved this as I
appreciate it's been a day or two since I last logged in) you could try
running tomcat from the command line and see what it tells you.

Open a dos prompt up, navigate to your TOMCAT_HOME/bin directory (or
CATALINA_HOME in the case of Tomcat 4+) and enter startup.bat at the
prompt.

See what sort of error messages it produces and that may clarify what's
happening.  If not could you please list the process you've been through
to date.  That should include the following info:
Your OS
Your Tomcat version
Running as service or from command line
Install location
Java location (JAVA_HOME)

Whether the setup was running before and if so what was changed and
when.

When the Tomcat started failing what sort of errors were created in the
logs

I know this thread started with you asking whether TC needed to be
rebooted each time you changed a Servlet or configuration.  This
shouldn't be the case but it made me wonder whether we are perhaps
discussing a production system?

Tref

Tref Gare
Development Consultant
Areeba
Level 19/114 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
email: trefg@areeba.com.au
phone: +61 3 9642 5553
fax: +61 3 9642 1335
website: http://www.areeba.com.au
"This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and contains information that is confidential. No
confidentiality is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you
received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender and
immediately delete it from your system. You must not disclose, copy or
rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended
recipient. Any communication directed to clients via this message is
subject to our Agreement and relevant Project Schedule. Any information
that is transmitted via email which may offend may have been sent
without knowledge or the consent of Areeba."