tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Day" <ron...@ronday.cc>
Subject RE: strange response.getAttribute problem
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:25:03 GMT
getAttribute returns 'Object'. You need to cast it to 'String'

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 4:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: strange response.getAttribute problem

In my index.jsp file, I have the following snippet of code:

<input type="hidden" name="dest" value="<%=
response.getAttribute("dest") %>" />

I'm trying to capture the value of the "dest" URL parameter.  I tried
setting it as an attribute in the response object that redirects to
index.jsp, and that didn't work.  But I thought for sure that if I
hardcoded it into the URL, it would work.  Strangely, if I call
index.jsp with the following URL:

domain.com:8080/webapp/index.jsp?dest=/test/path

Then the JSP renders as such:

<input type="hidden" name="dest" value="null" />

any idea why the GET attribute's not getting pulled into the JSP?

Thanks,

Erik