tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Venkat Reddy Valluri" <venk...@quinnfable.com>
Subject RE: how to users let know application server is down
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:37:50 GMT
Thank you very much,
  I worked well
Thks,
--Venkat

-----Original Message-----
From:	Turoff, Steve [mailto:Steve.Turoff@tenethealth.com]
Sent:	Wed 1/8/2003 2:55 PM
To:	Tomcat Users List
Subject:	RE: how to users let know application server is down
Venkat,

Here's one method:

1) Create an HTML Page, in Apache's html document root called something like error500.html.
Note that this assumes that Apache is serving HTML pages and Tomcat is serving jsp pages.

2) Add the following line to your httpd.conf file, somewhere in the "Main Server Configuration"

ErrorDocument 500 /error500.html

3) Shutdown Tomcat and restart Apache.

4) Try browsing to a jsp page and you should see your error500.html page.

Steve