tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bachrynowski" <Mike.Bachrynow...@thistle.co.uk>
Subject RE: RE: Hello list / workers2.properties
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:02:58 GMT
Henning

I am running WinXP professional, Apache2.0.43, Tomcat4.1.18, JK2-2.0.42
and JDK1.3.1 on
a test system (Intel Xeon 2.4 GB 512MB).

Tomcat4/conf "jk2.properties" is as supplied with everything commented
out.

Apache2/conf "httpd.conf" has a single added line after the other
LoadModules
"LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll"

Apache2/conf "workers2.properties" is as follows:
##################################
[shm]
file=c:/progs/Apache2/logs/shm.file
size=1048576

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Thistle hotels servlets
[uri:/thistlehotels/servlets/*]
info=Map the Thistle Hotels servlets

# Map all jsp
[uri:/*.jsp]
[uri:/*/*.jsp]
[uri:/*/*/*.jsp]
[uri:/*/*/*/*.jsp]
[uri:/*/*/*/*/*.jsp]
info=Map all jsp

# Map the Tomcat examples
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

##############################

All is as per the "minimal install" documentation except for [shm].
I needed to add the [shm] reference to make
the JK2 connector work on WinXP...without the [shm] entry
the JK2 connector would not work for me.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

ps If postings may be useful to others then post to
the group otherwise just the individual....and I
like to see if suggestions worked.