tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Cryder" <christi...@granitepeaks.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1 ignoring -Xmx params
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:09:45 GMT
What we are doing is running Tomcat as a service on a production server; we
specify both -Xmx and -Xms values. What we are seeing is that after several
days of use, Tomcat is well over the max, by a magnitude of 100+ MB. Our
experience has been that when we run it manually it seems to stay within the
bounds, but when running as a service it seems to go beyond them. So perhaps
we're not installing the service correctly...

Christian
Christian Cryder [christianc@atmreports.com]
Internet Architect, ATMReports.com
Barracuda - http://barracudamvc.org
"Coffee? I could quit anytime, just not today"