tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madhava Reddy <Madhava_Re...@icon-scm.com>
Subject RE: How do I get the absolute path of a file in a directory abov e WEB-INF directory of my web application?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:32:06 GMT

All other writing should be done to directories/files declared as
parameters to your context or servlets.  For example:
<context-param>
  <param-name>logFile</param-name>
  <param-value>/tmp/blahblahLogs/blahblahLogFile.txt</param-value>
</context-param>

This way other people using/deploying your app can configure these
settings to a directory that suits their deployment.

>> Do we need to make sure the file blahblahLogFile.txt exists before
deploying the application?