tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Higgins" <DanHigg...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Possible CLOSE_WAIT bug
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:28:05 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to verify what I'm seeing is a bug.

If I set my maxProcessors sufficiently low (say 5), then run a script from
another machine that floods Tomcat with requests for a given JSP, eventually
Tomcat stops accepting requests at all.

Ok, that's to be expected when every processor thread is busy. BUT, when the
flood stops, all the threads let their socket connections remain in
CLOSE_WAIT and they never close them. This causes Tomcat to NEVER accept new
connections, until it's restarted.

I'm seeing this problem happen on a site with 600 max processors.
Eventually, it stops accepting connections and has to be restarted, every
couple days.

This is Tomcat 4.0.6 on Windows 2000, JDK 1.4.1_01.

Any idears??

Regards,
-Dan