tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: servlets
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:27:42 GMT
> yes, I know how to do it (private constructor, etc), but how tomcat
> will call an getInstance() method instead of create a new instance of
> it?

No... you move the sensitive code *out* of the Servlet into a Singleton, and
then code in your Servlet interacts with that Singleton.

Can you post a snippet of code that shows what you're trying to do and why
you're trying to make your Servlet a Singleton?  Maybe someone will have a
suggestion.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.