tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Peters" <Ge...@logic.bm>
Subject tomcat manager question
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:13:19 GMT

I recently upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.1.18 on a development box running Windows 2K server. I
am in the process of migrating some applications to this version of Tomcat, also to jdsk 1.4.1_01.
 Got everything up and running with one small problem related to the manager interface.

I have the following context in my server.xml file:

		<!-- IfaxSend Context -->
	  	<Context path="/IfaxSend" docBase="IfaxSend" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true"
/>

	  	<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="5"
	  	  driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
	  	  connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:replixdb"
	  	  userTable="Users" userNameCol="FaxUserId" userCredCol="PIN"
	  	  userRoleTable="Users" roleNameCol="UserRole" />

	  	  prefix="iFax_IfaxSend_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true" />

Which works fine. The problem is that when I include this context, the authorization for manager
application seems to try to authenticate against the context level JDBC realm (application
level), instead of the

tomcat-users.xml file that it normally uses (this realm tag is just below the engine tag,
at the global level.

what could be causing the global level realm to be overridden at a lower level? Shouldn't
a context level realm only relate to the application within the context?

Nothing major, just an annoyance in that I can't access the manager interface when this application
is running, unless I change a user in the JDBC database to admin or manager, which I don't
want to do.

Thanks!!

Geoff

Geoff Peters, BScFE, AIT      Phone  : (441) 296-9640
Applications Developer        Fax    : (441) 292-1509
Logic Communications          E-mail : geoff@logic.bm
12 Par-La-Ville Road          WWW    : http://www.logic.bm
Hamilton, Bermuda  HM JX