tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hari Venkatesan" <hvenkate...@pfgc.com>
Subject RE: Startup parameters
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:27:12 GMT
Take a look at the following site. It gives you a feeler of how to do
it. Once you run the batch file, it updates the Win2000 registry entries
for you. From there you can play with it.

http://www.mattkelli.com/tech/tomcat/ntservice.htm

But the only catch running tomcat as service with the start up
parameters is -verbose:gc does not print the Garbage collection entries
in either stdout or stderr. I have'nt figured out where it is printing
yet.

Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan McMinn [mailto:nmcminn@charter.net]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 5:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Startup parameters

OK, one quick question that I'm sure anybody here but me can answer.

I am running Tomcat as a service on windows 2000 server.  I want to set
some
JVM parameters when tomcat starts (things like -server, -Xmx, -Xms,
etc).
Where would I go about making these changes?  I've looked through the
catalina.bat file, but is this even executed when tomcat is run as a
service?  according to the services applet in the control panel, the
service
runs tomcat.exe.  Does this in turn call the startup script? Or do I
need to
pass the parameters using -jvm_option to tomcat.exe?  As an aside, is
there
anything that can be done to optimize tomcat for execution on a
multi-processor system?

--Nathan McMinn