tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hari Venkatesan" <hvenkate...@pfgc.com>
Subject [Off-Topic] Memory ALlocation in Win2K
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:33:57 GMT
When I start the JVM with -Xms512m, where does the memory gets allocated
from. Is it from System main memory or from the virtual Memory.
The reason I ask this is when I look at Windows Task manager I could see
a bump in the MEM Usage portion. But the amount of Physical Memory
(Total + Available) does not add up.
I thought it was allocating from Virtual Memory and hence changed the
physical memory to 64 meg instead of 1024 Meg. Still it does not add up.

Can somebody throw some light on this.

Hari