tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "YOU, JERRY (SBCSI)" <>
Subject RE: concern about Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat cluster
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:06:53 GMT
Here is the
One thing to note is that I downloaded the mod_jk from I can only find binary
(and from Solaris8 directory. So, I use it
on Solaris6 system.
Also, all the servers including apache, tomcats are
running on the same machine (5G mem).
I use the grinder
as load testing tool.

Jerry You
-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ricker []
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:54 PM
To: ''
Subject: Re: concern about Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat cluster

Can you post the file? I use equal lblweight (I think
that is the name of the property) set to 100 for the 4 Tomcat instances.

I have a nearly identical setup: twp Apache 1.3.27 server running on
Redhat 7.3 load balancing across 4.0.6 Tomcat instances running on two
Solaris 8 servers. We have no performance issues and I am using the
default Processor settings in server.xml. We go through roughly 1
million hits a month.

Ben Ricker