tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo_Bo...@iwaysoftware.com
Subject RE: JSP Question
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:16:19 GMT
I may be referring to an oldschool version of tomcat but the include
directive occurs during compilation, not execution.  So to do what you want
you'd have to say
<%	if(goo){	%>
<%@ include file="filenameA" %>
<%	}else{	%>
<%@ include file="filenameB" %>
<%	}	%>

or

do your thing the other way around and redirect to different pages with
<SOME DEFAULT PAGE STUFF HERE> incuded instead.

-rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Foisy [mailto:Luc.Foisy@technical-magic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 1:54 PM
To: Tomcat User List (E-mail)
Subject: JSP Question

I am trying to use <%@ include file="filename" %>

I am sending to the page that has this with the line:
response.sendRedirect("main.jsp?p="+applicationJar.getPageName());

So in main.jsp I would like to include an external file to insert into a
default page, something like:

<SOME DEFAULT PAGE STUFF HERE>
<%@ include file="filename" %>
<SOME DEFAULT PAGE STUFF HERE>

but I would like to replace "filename" with request.getParameter("p")

Any one have any idea how to do this?