tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Servlet channing
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:28:56 GMT
Some people would recommend to you that you look into struts, which is an web-application framework.

Servlet chaining in it's most simple way is a servlet that forwards the request to another
servlet. This can be achived by using the RequestDispatcher, be aware that using the RequestDispatcher
may slow your application down a little bit because (I've heard) it's not fully optimized
in tomcat.

I wrote servlet-chaining mechanism, it was not hard to do, so I recommend that if this is
something you really think you need, you should write your own servlet chianing API.

-reynir