tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Precompiling JSP
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:28:29 GMT
Hi,

In my understanding it really only affects performance.

The first request on a jsp always takes longer to execute because at that time it must precompile
the jsp.
If you run a precompiler (such as jspc) on the jsp pages before you start up the server (or
at startup) you will shorten the time of response on the first request of a jsp page.

If you are dealing with performance there are many other things that you might want to look
at.
I recommend the following page as a good material on this matter:
http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/

Hope it helps

reynir@hugsmidjan.is