tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject RE: Cookies
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:03:31 GMT
> > "Paul Yunusov" <pyunusov@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > default? It doesnt
> > that since you
> > permanent,
> > wondering
> > >
> > > I looked at Cookie.java from jakarta-servletapi-4 and there
> > is a line that
> > > says:
> > >
> > > private int maxAge = -1; // ;Max-Age=VALUE ... cookies auto-expire
> > >
> > > there. The constructor doesn't interfere with this either.
> > I don't know if
> > > this is implementation-dependent or established somewhere
> > in the spec.
> > >

> > It's part of the spec (section 15.1.1.2 of the 2.3 Spec to
> be exact).
> >

> ok, that being said, is there a way to make it permanent?

If I set the maxAge to a huge value it would probably work, unfortunately its in seconds,
it would be better if it was a date

Now I ponder about the setPath

By default it is null

I am creating the cookie from the context/page of icrm/logon_check.jsp

I am getting the cookies from icrm/logon.jsp

icrm/logon.jsp does not seem to be recieving any cookies, and the getPath() i think is indicating
the path that the browswer will send the cookie to
what must I provide setPath() in order for it to do so?