tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: JSP Compilation Error
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:02:56 GMT

If you have the JDK and Tomcat 4.1.18, you don't have to do any of that.
All you need to do is set JAVA_HOME, and CATALINA_HOME.  You shouldn't have
to edit any startup scripts whatsoever, nor do you need to set a CLASSPATH
environment variable.

For the exact steps needed to install Tomcat, see the sections named
"Install JDK" and "Build/Install Tomcat" in my Solaris 8 HOWTO:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache2-tomcat4112-sol8-howto.html

My HOWTO uses GNU tar, but that shouldn't make a difference if you are using
the binary version compressed with a different tool.

John