tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk & apache's DirectoryIndex directive
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:26:01 GMT

1. use mod_rewrite, and rewrite / to /index.jsp

2. use index.html with a META REFRESH of zero to index.jsp

3. send everything to Tomcat, ("/*") and use <welcome-file> in web.xml

4. probably others, like writing a Filter

In short, putting index.jsp on the DirectoryIndex line has no effect.  You
might be able to play with the module load order so that mod_dir (or
whatever its called) was loaded before mod_jk, but I don't if anyone has
done that or if it would work.

John