tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Starting tomcat from init scripts (HP/UX)
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:49:09 GMT

Your init scripts do not have the same environment as your login
environment.  That is, whe you login, things like JAVA_HOME and
CATALINA_HOME are set.  When you run a script through init, they aren't.

Change your init script to set the values of JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME, or
source the login files (like /etc/profile, perhaps) where those variables
are declared and set.

John