tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: tomcat-server
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:55:01 GMT

All I want to know is what, exactly, is a "semi-government organization". ;)

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barker [mailto:wbarker@wilshire.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 1:22 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: tomcat-server

1) Much what Jason said:  You can run Tomcat behind IIS to take advantage of
ASP support, or you can get fancy and use Java <--> COM bridges to do much
the same thing.  From your description, I'd guess that you want the first
option.
2) Again, what Jason said.  You can view the Apache license (which covers
Tomcat) at http://www.apache.org/LICENSE  The price is whatever your ISP is
charging for downloads ;-).
3) If you want a local tech-support contract, then I don't know (except that
Jason seems to be offering :).  Otherwise, point your browser to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
4) Personally, my sites don't get more than about 100 simultaneous
connections :(.  However, I've heard reliable reports that Tomcat will scale
happily to up to two orders of magnitude higher.  Of course, this all
depends on what your webapp actually does. :)

"Leela Nanda" <leela@sco.com.my> wrote in message

Dear Sir,
               I, Leelanand Reddy hereby would like to introduce myself as a
Java programmer in a software development firm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Hence I'm hereby submitting my queries for which I need a detailed
explanation.

We have been developing a web based application for a reputed
semi-government organization in Malaysia. My application is to display live
information on the web pages where as the live feed is a frequent flow
during day hours(from 8:30am to 6:30pm). The live information on the web
pages is displayed by "Java Swing Applets", for this currently I'm
implementing the "Tomcat3.2.4". But according to suggestion of technologists
I want to buy the  "Tomcat Server"

1. So I need to know, whether "Tomcat Server" is fully compatible with   ASP
or not (because my web pages are developed in ASP)

2. Can I have a price quotation for Tomcat Sever?

3. What is the right place (vendor)in Malaysia that I can put a
purchase-order for above?

4. Finally, whether the server can  serve number of users?

I'm so grateful to you if you respond for this mail.
Thanking you,

Sincerely yours,
Leelanand Reddy B

---