tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and IPv6
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:53:43 GMT

So, the lesson learned is that Ajp13Connector is not happy with IPv6, but
CoyoteConnector is.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Brambilla [mailto:marco.brambilla@cefriel.it]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 4:18 AM
To: Shapira, Yoav; tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat and IPv6

First of all Thank you very much Shapira.
Today, early in the morning, I started trying and retrying every kind of
configuration was jumping in my mind.
After a lot of vain trials, I decided to replace my "server.xml" with
the original one.
I only commented out the ajp coyote connector section (Lines 113-118)
and changed every occurence of "localhost" with my IPv6 address. Now it
works fine and sniffing with Ethereal, I had the proof that the traffic
is actually IPv6.

Thnks again.

Bye
    Marco

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Howdy,
>This brings back memories.  I did my master's thesis on dual IPv4-IPv6
>routers and client stacks.  Nothing to do with Java though ;)
>
>Anyways...
>
>Tomcat uses the JVM's underlying socket and address implementations.
>See the Javadocs for the java.net package for details of those classes.
>If they work over IPv6, tomcat should too.
>

>>I always receive the same response: a white page.
>>Sniffing the traffic with Ethereal on the loopback interface, I
>>discovered that Tomcat answers:
>>
>>  "Error 404 - Bad Request".
>>

>What does the tomcat access log (in
>$CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost_access_log... by default) say?  How about
>the other tomcat logs?
>
>Make sure to do these experiments with tomcat stand-alone first.  That
>way we could eliminate some variables such as the apache-tomcat
>connectors being not IPv6 compliant.
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium ChemInformatics

---