tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:44:52 GMT

Sorry, I would love to try and help, but I don't use JK2, so anything I
suggested would be a wild guess and more likely to waste your time then
solve anything.  Not doubting you, but I would be very surprised if this was
a problem/bug with Tomcat...I am sure there are people out there with
working multi-Host/multi-Context configurations.  I know my 4.1.18 test
server (Solaris) has two Hosts configured with 2 hosts in each, but that
uses JK.

Have you looked in bugzilla to see if anyone else has reported this?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Holmes Jr. [mailto:tomholmes@attbi.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; chris.schild@corridortechnology.com
Subject: Re: Virtual Hosts

Hi Chris, I am afraid we have two seperate issues.  It seems like I solved
your issues a few days ago and have a few new ones to work out.  If you need
any more help, send me a message directly and I will see how I can help.
However, it seems so far that the answers you have already got will work.

My issue is a little different, I have 3 virtual hosts and 3 different
web-apps defined under httpd.conf, and I have 3 different <Host> and
<Context> tags in server.xml.  The JSP pages ONLY work with the last web-app
defined.  What I mean by 'works' is that the JSP pages get compiled into
servlets, and then get served correctly by performing the business logic.

Any other web-apps defined in the httpd.conf file do not work.  What I mean
by they 'do not work' is that the JSP pages do not get compiled into
servlets, and do not execuet the business logic.  Instead the JSP code shows
up clear as day as if you were opening a text file.  This is a major
security problem, and I thought it was fixed.

I've posted this issue at least on 3 different occasions now with no answers
from anyone.  It could be because this issue only happens on a Windows
platform?   I guess my next step is to test out this problem on Red Hat 8.0
Linux.   If I can duplicate the same problem on that platform, I bet it will
expedite a fix.  Of course, if this isn't a bug in Tomcat, then I'd expect
someone would point out that my configuration is wrong ... but that hasn't
happened yet.

Thanks.

                      Tom