tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: URL
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:14:19 GMT

If running Tomcat alone works for you, go for it.  Apache and the JK/JK2
connectors are optional and should only be used if required.

On a URL, "https" = 443.  That's an Internet standard.  If you use "https",
you never have to put "443" on the URL.  If you want to use Tomcat alone,
change CoyoteConnector to listen to port 80 and port 443 instead of 8080 and
8443, then restart Tomcat.

John