tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Enable Apache auto configure in Tomcat 4.1?
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:50:25 GMT

See either of my HOWTOs:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

In the Windows XP HOWTO, it is step 5 under "installing the JK Connector".
Note that the process is the same on any platform...the fact that it is a
HOWTO for Windows XP is irrelevant.

Also note that you will have to wait about 15 or 20 seconds after starting
Tomcat for it to generate the file...it is not instantaneous (Tomcat has a
lot of work to do when starting, even without the auto-config for Apache).
This also means that you will need to restart Apache AFTER you start Tomcat,
otherwise the include in httpd.conf will not work.

John

html#s81>
reads:

"To configure Tomcat to generate the Apache auto-configuration add the
following block to your TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file after <AutoWebApp
... />.

<ApacheConfig />

That's it, you can now start Tomcat and Apache and access Tomcat from the
Apache server. "

My tomcat 4.1 server.xml does not contain an AutoWebApp tag.  The server.xml

does not contain a DTD or XML schema so I can look up to see what the tag is

supposed to be.  In addition, the only documentation in the server.xml file
pertains to the (not working) mod_webapp connector.

So, can anyone please explain how I can enable apache auto-configure within
my
Tomcat 4.1 server.xml file?  I appreciate any suggestions.

Jeffery Cann