tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Apache directories, jsp/servlet path
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:46:17 GMT

OK.

Does /some/dir/QV/webapps/admin exist?  If not, that is why you are getting
a 404.

If you want /admin in QV/webapps/admin, then I believe the docBase in your
Context should simply be "admin", not "../QV/webapps/admin".

Tomcat has CATALINA_HOME/webapps as an appBase by default.  That's for
localhost.  If you are setting up some.server.com with an appBase of
CATALINA_HOME/QV, then localhost:CATALINA_HOME/webapps =
some.server.com:CATALINA_HOME/QV.

Thus, you would need:

- CATALINA_HOME/QV/admin.xml
- CATALINA_HOME/QV/admin
- contents of CATALINA_HOME/server/admin/ copied to CATALINA_HOME/QV/admin/
- Inside admin.xml, Context path would be "admin".
- URL would be some.server.com/admin

I'm pretty sure that should work for you.  If not, or if I'm wrong, someone
will correct me.

John