tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Apache directories, jsp/servlet path
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:42:56 GMT

Well, just copying admin.xml isn't going to do much.  I think things are
getting a little confusing.  If you need some.domain.com/admin, then:

1) you need a HOST element with a name parameter of "some.domain.com"

2) you need to set that HOST's appBase

3) you need to put admin.xml in that appBase

4) you need to edit appBase/admin.xml and verify that the path used in the
Context element in appBase/admin.xml makes sense and is available

/admin and /manager use auto-deploy.

How about you describe your directory structure, what the appBase is for the
host you are working with (localhost?  something else?), post the XML file
you are using for auto-deploy, and tell us what URL you want to work, and we
can go from there.  The Context in the default install of admin.xml has a
path in it....if that path doesn't make sense for some.server.com when you
set that some.server.com as a new virtual host, you will get a 404 trying to
reach some.domain.com/admin.

John