tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: tomcat not starting after reboot or from cron
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:33:02 GMT

Just one, but I'm not sure it's relevant on HP-UX.

"su www" is not the same as "su - www".  The "-" means "use the login
environment the user whose username is the next argument".  So, even if you
exported the variables, without telling su to pick them up, it won't.  At
least, that's how it works in the open source world, as well as Solaris.

HTH

John