tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.18 and symbolic links
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:28:16 GMT

Check the release notes.  Symlinks are disabled by default in 4.1.12 and up
for security reasons.

You will need to specify a Resource in server.xml that calls FileDirContext
with "allowLinking" set to true:

<Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
              allowLinking="true" docBase="" />

Search the archives for more info, this comes up frequently.

John