tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:07:13 GMT

Sorry that you wasted your day, but this topic, the comparisons between
WARP, JK, and JK2, where they work, how they work, what they do, etc. is an
EXTREMELY frequently asked question.  Just about any of the frequent posters
here could have answered your question quickly, if we had had a better idea
of exactly what your question was.  Not to mention the archives - I've
answered "should I use WARP or JK and why" posts a couple dozen times at
least, as have others.

To clarify one of your other posts...WARP does work with multiple hosts,
that is, multiple sites, but it does not work with multiple Tomcats in a
load balancing scenario.

WARP is no longer actively developed, and has some pretty big limitations as
it currently stands anyway.  It is easy to setup, and seems to work well in
"simple" environments, but if you are planning to do anything major, protect
against future Tomcat upgrades, or get into a more complex environment, you
will want JK or JK2.

John

v4.0.1/bin/win
32/).  It even came with the libapr.dll - the library file compile as a
windows DLL.  Perhaps its just not compatible with Apache 2?