tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Start tomcat before apache on RedHat7.3
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:23:48 GMT

If you have 2 files in /etc/rc3.d, one called S80httpd and one called
S85tomcat (the SNN is going to be different), they are sym links to
start/stop scripts in /etc/init.d.  First thing, check to make sure the
SNNtomcat file has a smaller number than the SNNhttpd file so that it starts
first.  Second, if that is still causing problems, then edit the script in
init.d, your choice which one, and stick "sleep NN" in there, where "NN"
equals number of seconds.

If you put it at the bottom of the Tomcat start script, the script will
pause that number of seconds before exiting and notifying init that it can
continue with other scripts.  This delay will probably be enough time to
allow Tomcat to finish it's startup process.

John