tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: [LONG] AJP13 Connector or IE6.0 Bug?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:57:35 GMT

We've had mega problems with IE 5 and IE 6, especially in minor versions
(6.0000.0000 vs. 6.0000.0120, for example).  One might work fine, the other
doesn't work at all.  First thing I would do is make sure IE is upgraded and
patched as high as possible.

John


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carl Walker [mailto:walkerce@georgetown.edu]
> Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 2:53 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: [LONG] AJP13 Connector or IE6.0 Bug?
> 
> 
> I can reproduce this bug in 4.1.18 too.
> 
> Carl Walker wrote:
> 
> > I am running Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3 using the AJP 
> 1.3 Connector.
> >
> > I noticed that occasionly my request parameters are lost 
> when processing
> > an HTTP POST with a Servlet.  When I call 
> getParameterNames(), nothing
> > is returned even though the submitting form has several <input
> > type="hidden"> elements.
> >
> > The problem manifests itself when I close all IE browsers 
> and bring up
> > an IE 6.0.  If I then go to a site on a Web server (not the 
> Tomcat one)
> > and submit a form to Apache/Tomcat, I can't use the request 
> parameters.
> > If I back up and resubmit, everything works.
> >
> > I turned on the AJP debugging.  These are some of the MIME 
> headers that
> > I found interesting.  Content-type, accept-language, and
> > accept-enconding are doubled.
> >
> > accept = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
> > application/x-quickviewplus, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
> > application/vnd.ms-e
> > xcel, application/msword, */*
> > accept-encoding = gzip, deflate, gzip, deflate
> > accept-language = en-us, en-us
> > connection = Keep-Alive
> > content-length = 4270
> > content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded,
> > application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> >
> > For the case where I back up and resubmit, these are the 
> MIME headers.
> > This set looks right.
> >
> > accept = image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, 
> image/pjpeg, image/png,
> > */*
> > accept-charset = iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
> > accept-encoding = gzip
> > accept-language = en
> > connection = Keep-Alive
> > content-length = 4274
> > content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> >
> > I noticed that someone on Bugzilla reported a similar 
> problem and that
> > his problem went away upgrading to 4.1.17.  I plan to try 
> this later.
> > However, I can't find any place in CVS that suggests that 
> anything with
> > AJP has changed between 4.1.12 and 4.1.18.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carl
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
<mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message