tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: SV: Can?t access Tomcat from outside router, help !
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:25:45 GMT

Can you access any other service on any other port besides port 80?

It's very possible your ISP is restricting traffic to only certain ports,
regardless of what you do on your router.  Is your connection to this
outside network open?  That is, when you say "router" do you mean a "real"
router like a Cisco 800 or 25xx or some other commercial-grade router or do
you mean a $75 Linksys/D-Link/Netgear?  Not that it matters, but it might
help someone help you if we know what we're dealing with.

If you want to use Apache and a connector, that's fine, but in that case it
would also help us help you if we knew more about your environment...are you
using Windows, Linux, or Mac OSX or Tru64 or what?

John